Given the current climate of economic as well as environmental uncertainty, it's all too easy for individuals to feel hopeless about their lives as well as indifferent to the problems of others. But according to leading psychologist, James Garbarino, this is the peak time for people to enhance their optimism, empathy, as well as emotional responsiveness. In his important new book, The Positive Psychology of Personal Transformation, Dr. Garbarino reveals the social basis for moral development in adversity, as well as the mental as well as physical benefits of psychological as well as spiritual growth
Drawing widely on his years as a healing professional as well as own experience of personal crisis as well as on decades of resilience as well as happiness literature, the author traces the evolution of the moral sense that affects all human relationships, including the one with the Earth itself. In these compelling pages, Dr. Garbarino:
- Examines how humans' deep bonds with dogs can model positive human relationships
- Compares the risks as well as benefits of the "oblivious" versus the self-aware life
- Analyzes the role of trauma in heightening our sense of the meaning of life as well as defines the experience of transformational grace in adversity
- Explains current manifestations of narcissism as well as the need for "the positive death of the self "
- Asserts that every person is capable of "living an 'extraordinary' life "
A book with vast significance across the healing disciplines, The Positive Psychology of Personal Transformation have to be read, savored, as well as practiced by researchers, practitioners, as well as scientists in clinical child, school, as well as developmental psychology; social work; educational as well as community psychology; sociology; as well as public health