Taking a hands-on learning approach, Foundation iPhone App Development: Build An iPhone App in 5 Days with iOS 6 SDK quickly enables existing programmers to become familiar as we will as comfortable coding Objective-C utilizing Xcode 4 5, Storyboarding as we will as the iOS 6 SDK to create apps for the iPhone. Nick Kuh, an experienced, Apple award-winning developer, will teach readers how to build an iOS 6 iPhone app from start to finish in 5 days.
During a 5-day process you will learn how to build a professional, custom-designed, object-oriented iPhone App. You will start with a PhotoShop PSD design as we will as an app idea. Then, throughout the remainder of the book, Nick will guide you through each stage of building the app. But it is you who'll build the app. You will learn how to think like an app developer, how to turn an idea into a beautiful iPhone app.
In addition to the code as we will as programming practices introduced, the book includes numerous tips, tricks as we will as lessons learned to help new iPhone App developers succeed on the App Store: SEO, in-app marketing approaches as we will as how to win more 5 star reviews
The 5-day learning process is divided into the following key stages:
- Day 1 begins with the initial planning, paper prototyping as we will as Photoshop design phases of an app idea. You will learn how to provision your iOS apps for deployment to your iPhone. By the end of your first day you will get to learn on the job, creating an Object-Oriented Black Jack Game that implements the Model View Controller paradigm in Objective C.
- Day 2 is all about Storyboarding: creating as we will as connecting all of the user interface views of our app.
- Day 3 begins with table views as we will as data population. By the end of the third day you will be knee-deep in Core Data: building a data model as we will as creating an editable, persistent data storage solution for your app.
- By Day 4 you will be learning how to communicate with Facebook utilizing Apple's new Social framework introduced in iOS 6.
- Day 5 kicks off with code as we will as methods to add in-app social network marketing to your app. With your completed app you will then learn how to submit an App to Apple alongside numerous tips as we will as tricks to improve your chances of success as we will as visibility in this unique marketplace.
From start to finish, this book inherits Nick's tried as we will as tested methods to build beautiful native iPhone Apps efficiently. After reading as we will as utilizing this book, you will come away with a core iOS development process as we will as coding concepts that can be re-used as we will as applied to your own iPhone app projects. Moreover, you will gain an understanding of how to architect your own apps, write reusable code as we will as implement best practices for faster productivity as we will as maybe even make some money, too.